What is Massage
Massage involves healing by touch, which works the soft tissues of the body. Massage is a long respected healing art that stretches back thousands of years and spans the globe.
Most Western forms of massage are based on Swedish massage which is made up of five basic strokes:
- effleurage, a long gliding stroke along the muscles
- petrissage, a kneading action
- friction, a circular movement that’s the most stimulating of all strokes
- tapotement or tapping, which increases circulation in the area being worked on
- vibration, which involves a strong rhythmic shaking of the body.